Do you wish to build a next huge tech startup? Well a degree in Information Technology will pave you towards your dream career in IT. A degree in IT enables you to solve complex computing problems and learn new languages. This guide will help you clarify what is Information Technology and navigate you through everything you need to know the study IT in Malaysia with the best IT universities in Malaysia.
Why Malaysia is becoming an easy pathway route for international students?
Malaysia is UNESCO’s 11th best international study abroad destination for international students. It has well known educational institutions which have attracts thousands of international students all across the globe especially Asia. Students have the opportunity to study twinning programs offered by branch campuses in UK, USA and Australia in almost half of the original cost. Therefore, Malaysia is very affordable and feasible for many student.
What is Information Technology?
In a broad context, information technology (IT) refers to all aspects of computing. However, in education, it is the application and maintenance of computing technology to fulfil the needs of businesses and organizations.
For example, an IT professional may be required to configure IT equipment in the company (e.g. servers, networks, switches), install and customize software applications to meet the organization’s business needs (e.g. managing software for financial reporting and payroll) and providing technical support if there are any software or hardware problems.
As part of your studies in IT, you will learn how to design, implement and manage an organization’s computing infrastructure. You will also be taught information security, how to integrate technologies and programming fundamentals. With these skills and knowledge, you will be able to pursue a range of IT careers such as IT support executive and systems administrator
Course requirements for studying applying for study IT in Malaysia:
To study IT degree, you are recommended to PASS the following subjects;
O-levels or equivalent;
- Mathematics (mandatory)
- Additional Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Communication and Information Technology
Additionally, some universities may require you to have studied the following subjects for A-Level or equivalent:
- Further Mathematics
- Mathematics (mandatory)
English Proficiency Test:
The medium of instruction in Malaysian universities is English. Therefore, it is required for students applying from non-English speaking countries to provide English proficiency test certificate including IELTS and TOEFL.
What subjects will you study in IT course in Malaysia?
- Database Systems
- Networking and Communication
- Programming Fundamentals
- Information Assurance and Security
- Platform Technologies
- System Integration and Architecture
Top Universities in Malaysia offering IT courses:
- Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation: It is highest rated private university in Malaysia and known for its engineering and information technology courses and facilities for international students.
- Swinburne University: You will receive Australian degree upon the successful completion of the degree.
- University of Wollongong Malaysia: Gain a University of Wollongong degree in half of its original cost in Malaysia. It is ranked in top 200s university in the world (THE).
- Curtin University, Sarawak; Study in top 1% global university and attain an Australian degree while studying in Malaysia.
- UCSI University: Study IT degree in Malaysia from top 1.3% of the top university in the world.
Ready to get started? Book a FREE appointment to discuss your study options in Malaysia.