By Steve Leibson
Processor cores for SOC designs may be way more plastic than microprocessor ICs for board-level method designs. Shaping those cores for particular purposes produces far better processor potency and masses reduce procedure clock premiums. jointly, Tensilica’s Xtensa and Diamond processor cores represent a family members of software-compatible microprocessors masking a really vast functionality variety from basic keep watch over processors, to DSPs, to 3-way superscalar processors. but all of those processors use an analogous software-development instruments in order that programmers accustomed to one processor within the relations can simply change to another.
This publication emphasizes a processor-centric MPSOC (multiple-processor SOC) layout kind formed via the realities of the 21st-century and nanometer silicon. It advocates the project of projects to firmware-controlled processors every time attainable to maximise SOC flexibility, minimize energy dissipation, decrease the scale and variety of hand-built common sense blocks, scale back the linked verification attempt, and reduce the general layout risk.
· a necessary, no-nonsense consultant to the layout of 21st-century mega-gate SOCs utilizing nanometer silicon.
· Discusses latest key concerns affecting SOC layout, in response to author's many years of private event in constructing huge electronic structures as a layout engineer whereas operating at Hewlett-Packard's computing device laptop department and at EDA computing device pioneer Cadnetix, and protecting such issues as an award-winning expertise journalist and editor-in-chief for EDN journal and the Microprocessor Report.
· Explores conventionally accredited limitations and perceived limits of processor-based procedure layout after which explodes those man made constraints via a clean outlook on and dialogue of the detailed talents of processor cores designed in particular for SOC design.
· Thorough exploration of the evolution of processors and processor cores used for ASIC and SOC layout with a glance at the place the has come from, and the place it truly is going.
· Easy-to-understand causes of the functions of configurable and extensible processor cores via an in depth exam of Tensilica's configurable, extensible Xtensa processor center and 6 pre-configured Diamond cores.
· the main accomplished review on hand of the sensible facets of configuring and utilizing a number of processor cores to accomplish very tough and bold SOC fee, functionality, and tool layout goals.
Read or Download Designing SOCs with Configured Cores: Unleashing the Tensilica Xtensa and Diamond Cores (Systems on Silicon) PDF
Similar systems architecture books
With the proliferation of packaging know-how, failure and reliability became critical matters. This priceless reference information approaches that let detection, research and prevention of mess ups. It presents a accomplished account of the disasters of gadget applications, discrete part connectors, PCB providers and PCB assemblies.
The Reference version of Open allotted Processing (RM-ODP) is a global usual that offers an outstanding foundation for describing and development commonly dispensed structures and purposes in a scientific method. It stresses the necessity to construct those structures with evolution in brain by way of opting for the troubles of significant stakeholders after which expressing the layout as a chain of associated viewpoints.
This e-book presents a accomplished creation to embedded structures for shrewdpermanent home equipment and effort administration, bringing jointly for the 1st time a multidisciplinary mix of issues from embedded structures, info know-how and tool engineering. assurance contains demanding situations for destiny source distribution grids, power administration in clever home equipment, micro strength new release, call for reaction administration, ultra-low energy stand by means of, shrewdpermanent standby and verbal exchange networks in domestic and development automation.
This ebook discusses the layout and function research of SDRAM controllers that cater to either real-time and best-effort purposes, i. e. mixed-time-criticality reminiscence controllers. The authors describe the cutting-edge, after which specialise in an structure template for reconfigurable reminiscence controllers that addresses successfully the fast evolving set of SDRAM criteria, by way of worst-case timing and tool research, in addition to implementation.
- Computer Architecture and Security: Fundamentals of Designing Secure Computer Systems
- Energy Efficient Microprocessor Design
- Internet of Things for Architects
- Building Serverless Architectures
- Building and Managing a Cloud Using Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c (Oracle Press)
- Computer Systems Architecture (Chapman & Hall/CRC Textbooks in Computing)
Extra resources for Designing SOCs with Configured Cores: Unleashing the Tensilica Xtensa and Diamond Cores (Systems on Silicon)
Designing SOCs with Configured Cores: Unleashing the Tensilica Xtensa and Diamond Cores (Systems on Silicon) by Steve Leibson