By Beate Kohler-Koch,Berthold Rittberger
Contributions by: Rudy B. Andeweg, Katrin Auel, Arthur Benz, Lars-Erik Cederman, Damian Chalmers, Deirdre Curtin, Donatella Della Porta, Klaus Eder, Erik O. Eriksen, Ulrich Haltern, Hubert Heinelt, Doug Imig, Christian Joerges, Beate Kohler-Koch, Christopher Lord, Paul Magnette, Andreas Maurer, Jeremy Richardson, Berthold Rittberger, Rainer Schmalz-Bruns, Michael Th. Greven, Hans-Jörg Trenz, and Armin von Bogdandy
Read or Download Debating the Democratic Legitimacy of the European Union (Governance in Europe (Paperback)) PDF
Similar international law books
Who's relatively making european legislation and rules? officially, and in line with preferred money owed, accountability lies with eu politicians who're at once elected (MEPs) or in some way dependable to elected our bodies on the eu or nationwide point (council). In perform, notwithstanding, as this publication indicates, issues could be very varied.
The significant target of this e-book is to deal with the foreign criminal questions bobbing up from the 'right of stopover at at the excessive seas' within the twenty-first century. This correct is taken into account the main major exception to the elemental precept of the liberty of the excessive seas (the freedom, in peacetime, to stay freed from interference by means of ships of one other flag).
Via unheard of entry to over a hundred courtroom documents and sentences, and interviews with police and protection group of workers in either starting place and vacation spot international locations, this ebook presents the main accomplished exploration up to now of human trafficking and migrant smuggling in jap Europe and Russia.
This choice of sixteen essays by means of 19 individuals calls into query the inspiration of household justiciability throughout quite a lot of human rights concerns, corresponding to future health, human dignity, legal justice, estate and transitional democracy. The authors supply serious analyses of a few rights frameworks, focusing in enormous aspect upon particular international locations (e.
- Sanctions, Accountability and Governance in a Globalised World (Connecting International Law with Public Law)
- UNHCR and International Refugee Law: From Treaties to Innovation (Routledge Research in International Law)
- Law, Policy, and Practice on China's Periphery: Selective Adaptation and Institutional Capacity (Routledge Contemporary China Series)
- EU Competition Law: An Analytical Guide to the Leading Cases
- The European Union and the Baltic States: Changing forms of governance (Europe and the Nation State)
- The European Unfair Commercial Practices Directive: Impact, Enforcement Strategies and National Legal Systems (Markets and the Law)
Additional info for Debating the Democratic Legitimacy of the European Union (Governance in Europe (Paperback))
Debating the Democratic Legitimacy of the European Union (Governance in Europe (Paperback)) by Beate Kohler-Koch,Berthold Rittberger