By Bradley T. Gericke
This in-depth and forthright biography examines the non-public lifetime of common David Petraeus, cutting-edge such a lot popular army leader.
• A chronology of basic Petraeus's assignments and awards
• A bibliography of precious print assets and works by means of Petraeus himself
Read Online or Download David Petraeus: A Biography (Greenwood Biographies) PDF
Similar military history books
Within the most sensible and the Brightest, David Halberstam defined Rufus Phillips as a guy you could belief telling President Kennedy in the course of the Vietnam battle in regards to the mess ups of the Strategic Hamlet software, 'in itself a awesome second within the American forms, a second of highbrow honesty. ' With that very same honesty, Phillips offers a rare within heritage of the main serious years of yank involvement in Vietnam, from 1954 to 1968, and explains why it nonetheless concerns.
Henry William Paget, first Marquess of Anglesey, was once born extra then 20 years prior to the French Revolution. Like hos recognized modern the Duke of Wellington, he grew to become a legend in the course of his lifetime. As a formative years he was once in a single scrape after one other; in his forties he figured in a celebrated elopement and duel which triggered a lot scandal; yet he's top identified for his greatness as a cavalry chief.
Compiled from various resources and first-hand bills, this e-book is an authoritative list of the half performed via No. 218 (Gold Coast) Squadron throughout the bomber offensives of worldwide warfare II. The squadron's actions are defined intimately delivering a different perception into the lives of these concerned and saluting the real position that No.
A completely revised and up-to-date 3rd version of the main proven and leading edge historic research of the Continental military and its position within the formation of the recent republic. Written by way of specialists within the box of early U. S. historical past comprises totally up to date insurance of the army, political, social, and cultural background of the Revolution gains maps, illustrations, a be aware on innovative warfare background and Historiography, and a completely remodeled Bibliographical Essay absolutely validated as a necessary source for classes starting from A.
- No. 146 Squadron 1941-1945 (RAF, Dominion & Allied Squadrons at War: Study, History and Statistics)
- The History of American Ranks and Rank Insignia (Second Edition)
- Praetorian STARShip: The Untold Story of the Combat Talon Special Forces Operations - Infiltration, Exfiltration, Surface to Air Recovery System, Fulton ... Iranian Rescue, Vietnam, Desert Storm
- Militant Minority: British Columbia Workers and the Rise of a New Left, 1948-1972
- The Indian National Army and Japan
- The Anglo-Irish War, 1916–1921: A People's War
Additional resources for David Petraeus: A Biography (Greenwood Biographies)
David Petraeus: A Biography (Greenwood Biographies) by Bradley T. Gericke