By Jacqueline A. Jones,Peter H. Wood,Thomas Borstelmann,Elaine Tyler May,Vicki L. Ruiz
Re-examines American heritage throughout the subject of contested equality
Taking an inclusive view of yankee historical past, Created Equal emphasizes the struggles for equality skilled by means of assorted teams of american citizens around the many areas of the nation. With a steadfast chronological framework, and a powerful narrative thread, the authors supply a clean and demanding viewpoint at the conventional tale.
MyHistoryLab is an essential component of the Jones application. Key studying functions comprise review, MyHistoryLab Video sequence, and heritage Explorer.
A larger educating and studying experience
This application will supply a greater instructing and studying experience—for you and your scholars. Here’s how:
- Personalize studying – MyHistoryLab is a web homework, educational, and evaluation software. It is helping scholars organize for sophistication and teacher gauge person and sophistication functionality.
- Emphasize Outcomes – studying aim Questions firstly of every bankruptcy and a bankruptcy evaluation and thematic timeline finishing each one bankruptcy maintain scholars concerned with what they should know. On MyHistoryLab, perform exams aid scholars in achieving those goals via measuring growth and growing custom-made examine plans.
- Engage Students – a brand new pedagogically-driven layout highlights a transparent studying direction during the fabric and gives a visually lovely studying adventure in print or on a monitor. With the Pearson eText, scholars can transition on to MyHistoryLab assets reminiscent of basic resource files, video clips, and mapping workouts.
- Improve severe pondering – Powerful studying purposes in MyHistoryLab—including Explorer mapping routines, nearer glance analyses of resources and subject matters, and Writing tests tied to enticing videos—promote severe thinking.
- Support Instructors – MyHistoryLab, Instructor’s eText, MyHistoryLab Instructor’s consultant, category training instrument, Instructor’s guide, MyTest, and PowerPoints are available.
Note: MyHistoryLab doesn't come instantly packaged with this article. to buy MyHistoryLab, please visit:
www.myhistorylab.com otherwise you should buy a valuepack of the textual content + MyHistoryLab (at no extra cost).
Read or Download Created Equal: A History of the United States: Vol.1, To 1877 PDF
Best american history books
The Chatfield tale reveals a goldmine of latest information regarding the lads who fought within the 113th Illinois and linked regiments. Compelling and meticulously researched, this totally listed and good illustrated old biography captures Chatfield's reviews at Chickasaw Bayou, Arkansas put up, Black Bayou, Vicksburg, Corinth, Brice's go Roads, and the prisons of Andersonville, Savannah, Camp Lawton and Camp Florence.
Hundreds of thousands of years ahead of Zebulon Pike's identify turned hooked up to this recognized mountain, Pikes top was once domestic to indigenous humans. those First international locations left no written list in their sojourn right here, yet what they did go away have been stone circles, rigorously crafted arrowheads and stone instruments, enigmatic petroglyphs, and culturally scarred bushes.
Description of “Gone Raven,”By: Colonel Charles Dahnmon WhittThis booklet includes 191 pages and is a suite of images, facts, and residential spun tales approximately starting to be up within the little coal city of Raven, Virginia. Raven is part of southwest Virginia and within the Clinch River Valley. one can find how those hardy parents lived throughout the nineteen forties during the nineteen sixties.
The tale of an Ohio regiment within the Civil WarOriginally released in 1902 via Henry O. Harden’s newspaper publishing corporation, heritage of the ninetieth Ohio Volunteer Infantry tells its tale during the infantrymen’ own letters, diary entries, and memoirs. shaped according to accomplice maneuvers in Kentucky in 1862, this regiment was once produced from males from Fairfield, Fayette, Hocking, Perry, Pickaway, and Vinton counties.
- Brush Men and Vigilantes: Civil War Dissent in Texas (Sam Rayburn Series on Rural Life, sponsored by Texas A&M University-Commerce)
- The Fault Lines of Empire: Political Differentiation in Massachusetts and Nova Scotia, 1760-1830 (New World in the Atlantic World)
- Napa: The Transformation of an American Town
- Cicero Revisited (Images of America)
- Pacific Connections: The Making of the U.S.-Canadian Borderlands (American Crossroads)
Extra resources for Created Equal: A History of the United States: Vol.1, To 1877
Created Equal: A History of the United States: Vol.1, To 1877 by Jacqueline A. Jones,Peter H. Wood,Thomas Borstelmann,Elaine Tyler May,Vicki L. Ruiz