By Paul Gootenberg
* Amsterdam's complicated cocaine culture
* the manufacture, sale and keep an eye on of cocaine within the United States
* Japan and the Southeast Asian cocaine industry
* export of cocaine prohibitions to Peru
* intercourse, medicines and race in early smooth London
Cocaine unveils new basic resources and covert social, cultural and political variations to make clear cocaine's hidden history.
Read Online or Download Cocaine: Global Histories PDF
Similar popular culture books
Seminar paper from the yr 2008 within the topic Sociology - Media, artwork, tune, grade: 1. seventy five, collage of Arts and Social Sciences-MSU (MSU), direction: Arts and arts, language: English, summary: song artists exist around the world to entertain humans. however the most interesting objective of tune is to advertise acceptable social stipulations, optimistic adjustments within the society, financial improvement, international peace, and human improvement.
The monetary services of rapper narrow Thug, and his stories that formed his savvy.
This number of essays asks the query “What is background? ” and considers how historical past is formed in several socioeconomic contexts. The writers take a transdisciplinary method, within the trust that everybody who bargains with history—including expert historians, novelists, and poets—constructs narratives of the previous to make feel of the current in addition to to figure out their destiny classes of motion.
For Muhammad Ali, the excessive drama that he generated in the boxing ring along with his athletic prowess was once greater than matched through the drama that he generated outdoor of it, and it was once acknowledged through many who because the twentieth century closed, he was once the simplest recognized and the main cherished determine on the planet. He used to be additionally the infrequent athlete of his day who was once photographed both inside and out of the hoop, and continually, the pictures have been notable and compelling.
- From Daniel Boone to Captain America: Playing Indian in American Popular Culture
- The Making of Jane Austen
- The Tribes of Burning Man: How an Experimental City in the Desert Is Shaping the New American Counterculture
- Music and the Irish Imagination: Like a Language That We Could All Understand (Littérature et civilisation irlandaises)
- Do You Believe in Rock and Roll?: Essays on Don McLean’s “American Pie”
- Transformations: Identity Construction in Contemporary Culture
Extra resources for Cocaine: Global Histories
Cocaine: Global Histories by Paul Gootenberg