By Marjorie M. Petit,Robert E. Laird,Edwin L. Marsden,Caroline B. Ebby
A specialize in Fractions is a groundbreaking attempt to make the maths schooling learn on how scholars enhance their figuring out of fraction ideas effectively available and comprehensible to pre- and in-service ok– eight arithmetic educators. utilizing vast annotated samples of scholar paintings, in addition to vignettes attribute of school room academics’ reports, this ebook equips educators with the information and instruments to reveal students’ pondering so one can regulate their educating and increase pupil studying of fraction recommendations. A specialise in Fractions 2d edition comprises sections at the universal middle kingdom criteria for arithmetic and the Ongoing evaluate undertaking (OGAP) Fraction Framework built-in into every one bankruptcy as good as a brand new bankruptcy at the OGAP Fraction Progression and the way it may be used for formative evaluation reasons. This up to date version assists lecturers in translating examine findings into their school room perform through conveying specific information regarding how scholars increase fraction understandings. extra photos and examples serve to flesh out and complement the newly-introduced recommendations during this up to date and accelerated variation.
- Looking again Questions at the tip of every bankruptcy offer lecturers the chance to research pupil pondering and look at tutorial options for his or her personal students.
- Instructional Links support lecturers relate recommendations from the bankruptcy to their very own recommendations and courses.
- Big Ideas body the chapters and supply a platform for significant exploration of the instructing of fractions.
- Answer Key published on-line bargains vast reasons of in-chapter questions.
- New sections dedicated to the CCSSM and OGAP Fraction Progression are woven in the course of the ebook in addition to a brand new stand by myself bankruptcy at the OGAP Fraction Progression.
- The OGAP Fraction Framework is an all-new eResource, now to be had as a unfastened obtain from the book’s site: www.routledge.com/9781138816442.
Read or Download A Focus on Fractions: Bringing Research to the Classroom (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series) PDF
Similar primary education books
In keeping with the universally revered innovations of Shinichi Suzuki, this teacher's textual content was once constructed to help younger scholars in studying song thought whereas studying to learn track. 168 video games are awarded with illustrated step by step feedback. the brush binding creates a lay-flat booklet that's excellent for learn and function.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2008 im Fachbereich Sachunterricht, Heimatkunde (Grundschulpädagogik), be aware: 1,7, Universität Duisburg-Essen (Erziehungswissenschaft), Veranstaltung: Mobilität im Jugend- und Kindersalter, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Inhaltsverzeichnis1. Einleitung 32. Aspekte des sozialen Wandels - ein Überblick forty three.
All Kindergarten sight phrases in a single book.
Curriculum and scholars in school rooms: daily city schooling in an period of Standardization is a well timed and thought-provoking paintings that attends to often-neglected elements of education: the typical interactions among curriculum, academics, and scholars. Walter S. Gershon addresses the bridge among the curriculum and the scholars, the lecturers, and their daily pedagogical judgements.
- Research on Technology in Social Studies Education (Research, Innovation and Methods in Educational Technology)
- Collaborative School Improvement: Eight Practices for District-School Partnerships to Transform Teaching and Learning
- Kann der Regenwurm sehen? (Sachunterricht, 1./2. Klasse) (German Edition)
- Spezialanwendungen der Druckverfahren (German Edition)
- The Poetry Friday Anthology for Science (K-5 Teacher Edition): Poems for the School Year Integrating Science, Reading, and Language Arts
Extra resources for A Focus on Fractions: Bringing Research to the Classroom (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series)
A Focus on Fractions: Bringing Research to the Classroom (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series) by Marjorie M. Petit,Robert E. Laird,Edwin L. Marsden,Caroline B. Ebby