By Joel H. Silbey
A spouse to the Antebellum Presidents presents a chain of unique essays exploring our old figuring out of the function and legacy of the 8 U.S. presidents who served within the major interval among 1837 and the beginning of the Civil battle in 1861.
- Explores and evaluates the evolving scholarly reception of Presidents Van Buren, Harrison, Tyler, Polk, Taylor, Fillmore, Pierce, and Buchanan, together with their roles, behaviors, triumphs, and failures
- Represents the 1st single-volume connection with assemble jointly the historiographic literature at the Antebellum Presidents
- Brings jointly unique contributions from a group of eminent historians and specialists at the American presidency
- Reveals insights into presidential management within the region century major as much as the yankee Civil War
- Offers clean views into the mostly forgotten males who served in the course of the most decisive zone centuries of usa history
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Antebellum Presidents 1837-1861 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar american history books
The Chatfield tale finds a goldmine of recent information regarding the men who fought within the 113th Illinois and linked regiments. Compelling and meticulously researched, this absolutely listed and good illustrated old biography captures Chatfield's studies at Chickasaw Bayou, Arkansas submit, Black Bayou, Vicksburg, Corinth, Brice's pass Roads, and the prisons of Andersonville, Savannah, Camp Lawton and Camp Florence.
Millions of years earlier than Zebulon Pike's identify grew to become connected to this well-known mountain, Pikes top used to be domestic to indigenous humans. those First countries left no written list in their sojourn right here, yet what they did depart have been stone circles, rigorously crafted arrowheads and stone instruments, enigmatic petroglyphs, and culturally scarred bushes.
Description of “Gone Raven,”By: Colonel Charles Dahnmon WhittThis publication includes 191 pages and is a set of images, info, and residential spun tales approximately starting to be up within the little coal city of Raven, Virginia. Raven is part of southwest Virginia and within the Clinch River Valley. you will see that how those hardy fogeys lived through the nineteen forties throughout the nineteen sixties.
The tale of an Ohio regiment within the Civil WarOriginally released in 1902 via Henry O. Harden’s newspaper publishing corporation, historical past of the ninetieth Ohio Volunteer Infantry tells its tale during the infantrymen’ own letters, diary entries, and memoirs. shaped in line with accomplice maneuvers in Kentucky in 1862, this regiment used to be made out of males from Fairfield, Fayette, Hocking, Perry, Pickaway, and Vinton counties.
- Freedom National: The Destruction of Slavery in the United States, 1861-1865: The Destruction of Slavery in the United States, 1861–1865
- Pocomoke City (Images of America (Arcadia Publishing))
- More Montana Moments
- Connected: How Trains, Genes, Pineapples, Piano Keys, and a Few Disasters Transformed Americans at the Dawn of the Twentieth Century
Additional resources for A Companion to the Antebellum Presidents 1837-1861 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to the Antebellum Presidents 1837-1861 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Joel H. Silbey