By Gary Burns
- Includes over dozen essays overlaying the spectrum of pop culture reports from foodstuff to folklore and from television to technology
- Features contributions from verified and up-and-coming students from a variety of disciplines
- Offers a close historical past of the research of well known culture
- Balances new views at the politics of tradition with in-depth research of issues on the vanguard of pop culture studies
Read or Download A Companion to Popular Culture (Blackwell Companions in Cultural Studies) PDF
Best popular culture books
Seminar paper from the 12 months 2008 within the topic Sociology - Media, paintings, track, grade: 1. seventy five, university of Arts and Social Sciences-MSU (MSU), direction: Arts and arts, language: English, summary: track artists exist around the globe to entertain humans. however the most interesting objective of track is to advertise acceptable social stipulations, optimistic alterations within the society, financial improvement, international peace, and human improvement.
The monetary services of rapper slender Thug, and his stories that formed his savvy.
This selection of essays asks the query “What is heritage? ” and considers how historical past is formed in several socioeconomic contexts. The writers take a transdisciplinary process, within the trust that everybody who offers with history—including specialist historians, novelists, and poets—constructs narratives of the prior to make feel of the current in addition to to figure out their destiny classes of motion.
For Muhammad Ali, the excessive drama that he generated in the boxing ring along with his athletic prowess was once greater than matched by way of the drama that he generated outdoors of it, and it used to be said by way of many who because the twentieth century closed, he was once the easiest identified and the main liked determine on this planet. He used to be additionally the infrequent athlete of his day who used to be photographed both in and out of the hoop, and regularly, the pictures have been impressive and compelling.
- Reading Michael Chabon (The Pop Lit Book Club)
- Free: How today's smartest businesses profit by giving something for nothing
- Trainwreck: The Women We Love to Hate, Mock, and Fear . . . and Why
- Mystery School in Hyperspace: A Cultural History of DMT
- Detecting Men: Masculinity and the Hollywood Detective Film (SUNY series, Cultural Studies in Cinema/Video)
Extra resources for A Companion to Popular Culture (Blackwell Companions in Cultural Studies)
A Companion to Popular Culture (Blackwell Companions in Cultural Studies) by Gary Burns